Women's Alpinestars Stella TECH-AIR® 3 AIRBAG SYSTEM
- KEY FEATURES
Alpinestars’ lightest autonomous Airbag System, Tech-Air® 3 is designed to be worn over or under the motorcycle jacket, as the effective and practical choice for touring riders, urban city commuters and light off-road adventure riders.
Alpinestars’ crash detection triggering algorithm has been developed and refined with millions of kilometers of riding data and thousands of crashes, allowing the System to accurately assess when to deploy the airbag ahead of an impact or other dangerous situation like a lowside or highside crash. In the event that Tech-Air® 3 detects the start of a crash, the System will inflate the protective airbag in 50 milliseconds. In the event of a direct impact of the motorcycle with another vehicle or obstacle, the Tech-Air® 3 System, is effective for the “first impact*,” which means that the System inflates before hitting the vehicle or obstacle against which the motorcycle will have the direct impact. The “first impact” test was performed in accordance with Dolomiticert Protocol where the airbag was tested within a speed range of 25 to 63 km/h. For more information on the envelope of protection, see the Tech-Air® 3 User Manual.
Featuring a water resistant main chassis and a waterproof ECU and electronics, the slim, self-contained system can also be worn under a motorcycle jacket, including an Alpinestars’ Tech-Air® Ready jacket, or any leather or textile jacket, providing that the jacket has sufficient space to accommodate the inflation of the airbag.Tech-Air® 3 will allow riders to enjoy the daily commute even more, knowing they’re protected.
• Tech-Air® 3 is a fully autonomous active Airbag System and does not require any external connections or sensors on the motorcycle for the System to operate.
• Tech-Air® 3 incorporates 6 integrated sensors (3 accelerometers (1 triaxial accelerometer), and 3 gyroscopes (1 triaxial gyroscope )) to provide the best crash monitoring performance in a variety of dynamic riding situations, and even when stopped.
• The Tech-Air® 3 Airbag System activates automatically via the magnetic zip closure.
• The System’s packable design allows it to be easily stored in a backpack or under a bike’s seat when not in use.
• Also available in a Stella women’s version, complete with an ergonomically engineered women’s optimized fit.
• Tech-Air® 3 is designed with a diagonal zipper to provide complete front chest coverage while also concealing the inner airbag. The magnetic zip closure has been designed for ease of use and to provide a secure closure system to the airbag garment.
• An LED display on the front chest indicates the airbag’s operational status. The LED display also incorporates a haptic alert, which vibrates to confirm the System is armed, and alerts the rider when the battery is running low.
• Tech-Air® 3 incorporates Alpinestars’ Pro 2nd Generation compact Electronic Control Unit (ECU) which may be found in the ECU pocket located in the upper back of the inner, Tech-Air® 3 vest.
• Bluetooth low energy (BLE 5.0) connectivity to the Tech-Air® App allows riders to monitor the System’s operational status, battery status, as well as provides a detailed map of motorcyclists rides via MyRide.
• Upgradable system software is accessible via the Tech-Air® App.
• Integrated back protector pocket on the back can house additional passive back protection.
• Tech-Air® 3 uses a crash detection algorithm that leverages AI to accurately monitor when to deploy the airbag in the event of a crash, allowing the airbag to provide active protection in street riding scenarios and a variety of riding conditions, even when stopped.